Answering Your Questions
How do I enroll?
You can also register online and pay with a credit for no additional fee on our storesite: http://store.tsatours.com. Either search in the top blue bar with your tour leader’s name to find your tour or click on your state, find your group and follow the steps to register and make your minimum deposit with a credit card.
How do I make payments?
1) Send a check or money order by mail along with the top portion of your statement.
2) Mail, fax or scan and e-mail a credit card authorization form found on the back side of your statement or on the Forms & Policies page.
3) Pay with a credit, debit card or PayPal on our secure account management website if you would like to make one or several payments on your balance online.
4) Make a direct, quick, one-time payment without registering on our account management site using PayPal. You don’t need a PayPal account for this service:
For your protection, we cannot accept credit card numbers over the phone.
If you are using a debit or check card, please note that your payment may be declined if it exceeds your daily spending limit. Call your bank ahead of time to authorize a larger amount.
If you have never paid on our website, you’ll need to register as though you are a new customer. The online account system won’t initially recognize you as an existing customer. Don’t worry – when our accounting team receives your online payment a real live person processes the transaction and properly credits your account. Your new balance will be reflected on your next paper statement mailed to you. Next time you log in, you won’t have to fill out the registration forms.
When is the Early Bird price guarantee deadline?
Each group is priced on a minimum number of participants. The price guarantee does not cover a surcharge if your group should fall below the minimum number.
Government taxes, including airline taxes and fuel surcharges imposed after the printing/pricing dates are also not covered in the guarantee. The post office postmark or online payment time stamp determines the effective date. Early Bird participants are subject to normal cancellation/refund procedures. Participants with special arrangements are not covered by the Early Bird plan.
What is the payment plan and when are the deadlines?
- $400 non-refundable deposit due with registration form
- $600 due 30 days after initial deposit was made
- $500 due 45 days after second payment was made
Deadlines for full payment are:
- 60 days before departure for tours departing before April 30.
- 90 days before departure for all other tours.
Full payment is required if you register after the full payment deadline.
What if I miss the final payment deadline?
If full payment has not been made by 45 days prior to departure, it will be understood that the participant is cancelling from the program, and the applicable (75%) cancellation penalty will be in effect. Reinstatement is possible on a space-available basis only, and involves full payment by cashier’s check or money order, plus a $150 service charge.
If I cancel will I receive a refund?
The right to refunds if a participant changes plans is limited. Participants wishing to cancel must do so in writing, and the Postal Service postmark date or email time stamp will be the determining date for all cancellations. The following schedule of refunds will apply:
- 90 days or more before departure: If the notice of cancellation is postmarked within this period, a full refund, less the program deposit of $400 and any applicable airline, hotel, railway or cruise penalties will be given.
- 89 to 60 days before departure: If the cancellation notice is postmarked less than 89 but 60 days or more before departure, a full refund, less $1000 and any applicable airline, hotel, railway or cruise penalties will be given.
- Less than 60 days before departure: Cancellations postmarked less than 60 days before departure and received at least 72 hours prior to departure are subject to a 75% cancellation penalty and any applicable airline, hotel, railway or cruise penalties.
- Cancellations received within 72 hours of departure and “no show” passengers receive no refund.
What if I don’t want the optional Pre-Travel Protection Plan?
How do I check my balance? What if I overpaid?
I don’t have a roommate or I’m an adult wanting to stay in a single or double room.
Adult trips are usually based on twin rooms. Single adults enrolling on a tour without a roommate and who are unable to be assigned a roommate by TSA Tours will be charged the single supplement fee. Single supplements are available upon request.
Can I change my flights, stay longer or depart from/return to a different city?
What if I want to buy my own plane ticket or use my miles/flight credits?
Can I earn mileage credit for my flights?
Do I need a passport or a visa to travel? How do I get one?
To simplify the passport expiration requirements, our summation of what the U.S. Department of State says for travel:
Three months of active passport status is REQUIRED from the date of leaving USA (NOT the return date). Six months is preferred by most countries. Check your passport expiration date today and then always check the up-to-date status online at: http://travel.state.gov
If you’re curious about travel warnings and alerts and what it means, go to:
Also, see visas:
- Non-U.S. citizens traveling from the U.S. to another country (carrying a non-U.S. passport) may be required to obtain visas before traveling.
Do you have a traveler's packing list?
How can I receive college credit for a tour?
We have worked with Seton Hill University to offer our tour leaders the ability to do this. There are three simple steps that the Tour Leader must do to get your tour set up. The best thing is to have the Leader contact us or Seton Hill directly as soon as possible.
Once approved, the fees for the students/parents are only $220 per student per course offered. The tour leader will be sure to confirm all information with Seton Hill.
We suggest that you ask your Tour Leader if they know about this option (give them lots of time ahead of planning the trip.) They may request documents to explain Seton Hill’s procedures in depth from us or from Seton Hill directly. Here is the University’s contact information:
Dr. Terrance DePasquale, Associate Provost of Graduate and External Programs
Seton Hill University
Marlane Busch (busch(at)setonhill.edu)